8/21/08

Ann Bermingham

PEACEFUL SPACE For me, peaceful space is a physical space where I can be solitary, or with like-minded companions, and allow my mind to be still and my ears and heart to be open. Then I can experience a congruence between my internal; state and the external environment that is nourishing and
uplifting.

Bio: Ann Bermingham works as freelance musician, primarily as a performer, conductor of 2 community choirs, workshop leader, and on music and multi-arts projects with Festivals and community organizations. Her main focus is voice, but she also plays guitar and clarinet. In 2007, Ann was Artist-in-Residence at Mt. Coot-tha Botanic Gardens, and focussed on listening to the sounds of the Gardens. She created a short recording of ambient sounds - 'A day in the Life of the Gardens' - and also some solo and collaborative vocal and instrumental compositions out of that experience. Ann sings with the trio Zhiva Voda, who perform traditional music from Bulgaria.

No comments: